This is the street I live on. the chick in the pict is Ade, she lives on my street too. Not quite what you all are used to seeing as a street but it´s home
This is Jonnie, the man responsable for the Ministry in the dump. On the left is Tim one of our leaders of Step
this is from DEC. 17
Last Wednesday the five of us went to the dump to talk to the man in charge and to see the ministry of this man. His name is Jonny; he is a pastor and is an amazing man.
This is how the whole thing got started: Five years ago his daughter went with him to the dump to get rid of some medical trash from a mission team, and she said, “Hey, Dad! Look at these people! Can we pray with some of them?†So they did and on their way home she asked if he would start a ministry with the kids there. He said he would but then didn't. She would ask him every so often about starting something and eventually he said OK and did it.
He began going to the dump and becoming friends with families and eventually started teaching some of the kids under trees down the hill. Now there is a school of about 60 kids up to 6th grade. Every day he goes up into the dump and gives out water (clean water). They drink water out of a lake that people wash in, wash their clothes in, and whatever else you do in water. Then they drink that same water, so handing out clean water is a very effective ministry.I really liked doing it, but I am now sick and that's not good at all. Oh, the smell! It is overwhelming! I thought within the first minute I was going to throw up about five or six times. I have never been as grateful as I was once we left the dump because a lot of people don't leave--ever. That is their “normalâ€; they are born there and they die there, normally around the age of 20 because of all the disease and stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment