.jpg)
Christmas in Honduras…
Christmas eve we had church at the new temple with all the people that attend the Hermanos en Cristo. I didn’t understand the service but every one said it was so nice. The new church is big and there are no windows (glass in the spaces) and there is a separation between the walls and the roof so the sound is distorted and I was just not getting the message that day. We came home and just hung out some took naps because we would be up late that night, I was laying down in the living room watching part time a show on tv the other part time I was asleep J. At about 4 the famous trio came over Omar, Ronal and Allen. They are 3 of a kind that every one in the church knows and hears about. They are all leaders in the church and during church they act like most leaders do but then it aint church no more and they are so crazy. They were here from 4 until 7. They had me cracking up so hard in that hrs. while they were at my house. At one point I tried to teach them how to play Dutch Blitz but after about an hour or so I just gave up on the game. They understood how to play but they were acting like they didn’t understand what I was talking about and cheat sooooo bad. I kind of felt badly for Allen because of the 3 he is the most normal and he was trying to learn how to play but after a while he gave up too. Lisa and her sister Ava came over and then we sung a little. My sister politely kicked them out after they ate all of the cicerones (these great tasting small meat things that are very popular during Christmas time).
At 7:30 we were on our way to la casa de mis abuleas (grandparent’s house) for the night. I am not a night owl anymore and so we were there and at first not doing much just sitting around talking and watching TV. I was sitting there falling asleep and my momma Toota called me over to dance with them so I did. I had so much fun dancing and laughing with my aunts and uncles that night, they said that I brought a Joy to dancing that hasn’t been there for a long time. I had my one aunt Fe fe dancing and she hasn’t danced for years. That night I learned how to do the Honduras dance called Punta. Everyone was really impressed about how fast I picked up the dances and how easy I made them look.
At 12:00 every one hugs each other and then we had a feast of…turkey, ham, fruit said, rice, tamalies and I’m sure there was other stuff but I cannot remember what all else there was.
When everyone was done eating Zully and I pass all the gifts out to the family and then open them. We then have a name exchange because on the 31st we have a gift exchange. By this time I was about to sleep standing up and finally we got to leave and go home.
The 25 my family gets together for a lunch but I had to go to the Zimm´s house for a lunch with the Chickas. We had a big lunch and then were able to call our families. Much later on that day we went back to our homes and just hung out with our families.
New Years Eve we had service in the new big church again and this time I was able to understand everything the pastor was talking about. The topic was Romans 8:28 and it was so refreshing to hear once again that we as children of God can live as more than conquers and that nothing can separate us from the love of God.
We girls went to Pizza Hut for lunch because Momma T had cooked for that night but didn’t feel like cooking for lunch so that was so much fun.
Oh yeah. Carlos has a girlfriend now her name is Erma, and she invited him to go to her town for new years so he was meeting her family.
That night we all went to my G-parents house again with my cuzes and aunties and uncles and played bingo until 12, hugs and then feast again. After that we exchanged our gifts and went home. Oh I forgot that from about 11 to past when I went to sleep there were fire crackers going off all over the city.
The first we had a lunch together again (my family) and played bingo and this time I won like 4 times.
Just incase you wanted to know Rumpopo is so nasty. Rumpopo is a drink that is very popular durring Christmas and new years and I had the unfortunate plessure of taisting it.
Rumpopo is egg nog spiked with rum….YUCK!!!!!!!
Christmas eve we had church at the new temple with all the people that attend the Hermanos en Cristo. I didn’t understand the service but every one said it was so nice. The new church is big and there are no windows (glass in the spaces) and there is a separation between the walls and the roof so the sound is distorted and I was just not getting the message that day. We came home and just hung out some took naps because we would be up late that night, I was laying down in the living room watching part time a show on tv the other part time I was asleep J. At about 4 the famous trio came over Omar, Ronal and Allen. They are 3 of a kind that every one in the church knows and hears about. They are all leaders in the church and during church they act like most leaders do but then it aint church no more and they are so crazy. They were here from 4 until 7. They had me cracking up so hard in that hrs. while they were at my house. At one point I tried to teach them how to play Dutch Blitz but after about an hour or so I just gave up on the game. They understood how to play but they were acting like they didn’t understand what I was talking about and cheat sooooo bad. I kind of felt badly for Allen because of the 3 he is the most normal and he was trying to learn how to play but after a while he gave up too. Lisa and her sister Ava came over and then we sung a little. My sister politely kicked them out after they ate all of the cicerones (these great tasting small meat things that are very popular during Christmas time).
At 7:30 we were on our way to la casa de mis abuleas (grandparent’s house) for the night. I am not a night owl anymore and so we were there and at first not doing much just sitting around talking and watching TV. I was sitting there falling asleep and my momma Toota called me over to dance with them so I did. I had so much fun dancing and laughing with my aunts and uncles that night, they said that I brought a Joy to dancing that hasn’t been there for a long time. I had my one aunt Fe fe dancing and she hasn’t danced for years. That night I learned how to do the Honduras dance called Punta. Everyone was really impressed about how fast I picked up the dances and how easy I made them look.
At 12:00 every one hugs each other and then we had a feast of…turkey, ham, fruit said, rice, tamalies and I’m sure there was other stuff but I cannot remember what all else there was.
When everyone was done eating Zully and I pass all the gifts out to the family and then open them. We then have a name exchange because on the 31st we have a gift exchange. By this time I was about to sleep standing up and finally we got to leave and go home.
The 25 my family gets together for a lunch but I had to go to the Zimm´s house for a lunch with the Chickas. We had a big lunch and then were able to call our families. Much later on that day we went back to our homes and just hung out with our families.
New Years Eve we had service in the new big church again and this time I was able to understand everything the pastor was talking about. The topic was Romans 8:28 and it was so refreshing to hear once again that we as children of God can live as more than conquers and that nothing can separate us from the love of God.
We girls went to Pizza Hut for lunch because Momma T had cooked for that night but didn’t feel like cooking for lunch so that was so much fun.
Oh yeah. Carlos has a girlfriend now her name is Erma, and she invited him to go to her town for new years so he was meeting her family.
That night we all went to my G-parents house again with my cuzes and aunties and uncles and played bingo until 12, hugs and then feast again. After that we exchanged our gifts and went home. Oh I forgot that from about 11 to past when I went to sleep there were fire crackers going off all over the city.
The first we had a lunch together again (my family) and played bingo and this time I won like 4 times.
Just incase you wanted to know Rumpopo is so nasty. Rumpopo is a drink that is very popular durring Christmas and new years and I had the unfortunate plessure of taisting it.
Rumpopo is egg nog spiked with rum….YUCK!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment